Friday, February 20, 2009

Counselor: Return & Report

It was OK. It was nice to have someone to talk to though at times I wasn't sure what he was trying to say or if he understood what I was trying to say. I think the counselor makes a great sounding board off of which to bounce ideas. I've always been the type of person who needs to talk or write on and on and on to figure out what it is I'm really thinking and feeling. It's great when a counselor can ask probing questions to encourage that exploration. Plus it's a pleasure to talk to somebody who isn't Mormon. And it's helpful to talk to someone who is familiar with the town and can guide me to some resources for meeting new people.

It's strange. Based on his comment on my last post Bill Bass seems to think counselors are for telling people what is right and wrong. What an odd thing to think, no? Maybe Bill Bass had some experiences with a counselor who tried do to just that. If that happened to me I'd find a new counselor. Or maybe a counselor tried to give Bill advice and Bill didn't realize he gets to decide for himself if it's good advice or not. Then again, maybe Bill Bass is just a snarky troll.